Information Collection and Use
1. Personal Information When you sign up to the Platform, update your account details, provide your billing information, provide your emergency contact information or make other use of our services, we may ask you for personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). The Personal Information can be used to contact you or identify you and it may include, but not limited to, your name, your email, your phone number, your address and your credit card information. We may use the Personal Information, either by itself or in conjunction with other information, for the following purposes:
Create your account on the Platform, log in to your account, administer your account, monitor your account, provide customer service and contact you with information, alerts and suggestions that are related to your account.
- Billing-related purposes.
- Let a Provider know your name so he or she can communicate with you effectively.
- Let a Provider know your state to ensure he or she is licensed and qualified to provide a service to you.
2. Profile Information When you sign up to the Platform, we may ask you several questions about you and your needs. (“Profile Information”). This information is shared with Providers that use our Platform. We may use the Profile Information, either by itself or in conjunction with other information, for the following purposes:
- Match you with articles, videos, sessions, and/or practitioners.
- Help us and our practitioners to get to know you and your needs.
- Collect and analyze statistical or aggregated information which is not personally identifiable.
3. Log Data When you use the Platform, our servers or the servers of third-party services automatically record information that your browser sends (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include, but not limited to, information such as your computer, Internet Protocol address (“IP”), browser type, referring site, pages that you visit, date/time of your visit, the time spent on those pages, actions that you take and other statistics. We may use this information, either by itself or in conjunction with other information for the following purposes:
- Monitor, analyze and improve the use and functionality of the Platform, the Platform’s technical operation and the match of the Platform functionality to your needs and preferences.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Social and General Information Tools
We would be using several publicly-available tools and information exchange resources, such as (but not limited to) a blog, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, Google Plus and others (collectively “Social and General Information Tools”). Any information you provide or share by using the Social and General Information Tools may be freely read, accessed, collected and used by others.
Online identity theft and account hacking, including the practice currently known as “phishing”, are of great concern. You should always suspect when you are being asked for your account information and you must always make sure you do that in our secure system. We will never request your login information, your credit card information, in a non-secure or unsolicited communication (e-mail, phone or otherwise).
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information
We may share aggregated information that does not include any Personal Information with third parties for any purpose, including but not limited to industry analysis, research, business transactions and public relations.
The Platform is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising.
Transfer of Business
We may sell or transfer some or all of our assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, consolidation, joint venture, reorganization or sale of assets. Such transactions would be covered by a confidentiality agreement.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Platform, to perform certain tasks which are related to the Platform or to provide audit, legal, operational or other services for us. These tasks include, but not limited to, customer service, technical maintenance, monitoring, email management and communication, database management, billing and payment processing, reporting and analytics. When needed we may disclose information, including Personal Information, to such third parties but we will try to limit the Personal Information disclosed to the minimum necessary to perform their task.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to become our user. The Platform is not directed and not intended to be used by children under the age of 18. If you’re aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 18 please let us know by contacting us and we will delete that information.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information, including Personal Information, to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of ourselves or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity. We may disclose information, including Personal Information, to take precautions against liability. You should also be aware that Providers may be obliged to disclose information to law enforcement or other authorities to conform to their professional and legal responsibilities.
You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your Account by contacting us or by editing it online. If you would like us to delete your Personal Information or any other information from our system, please contact us with such a request. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. However, we may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law for legitimate business purposes or for recordkeeping purposes. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, including, without limitation, some data may that may be still archived and stored offline. We are not responsible for removing information from the third parties that we have already legitimately shared Personal Information about you.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Notice
1. Legal Basis to Process Your Personal Data
It is necessary for us to use your personal information for the following:
- To perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you.
- It is in our legitimate interest or a third party’s legitimate interest to use personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the Services in the best way that we can.
- It is our legal obligation to use your personal information to comply with any legal obligations imposed upon us.
2. Additional Information About Third Party Cookies
We use third-party cookies for the purposes of Web Analytics and Attribution (anonymous statistics on how our Platform is in use) and Error management (measuring any errors that occur on the Platform). We don’t allow the third party to use the cookies for any other purpose.
3. Health-Related Data
In some cases, some of the Personal Information that you give to us may be considered health-related data. This data may be required to provide counselling and related services to you on this Platform.
4. Managing your Personal Information with Us
You can view and edit any personal data that you have provided to us using this website. Automated processing of your Personal Information is necessary to operate the Platform effectively and to provide counselling and related services.